Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I threw up in my mouth a little...

at the headline of this bit of Obama fellatio (Obamellatio?). (Found, as are most of the things which cause my blood pressure to rise, on Lucianne)


In his first speech to a joint session of Congress on Tuesday night, President Obama warned that America faces a "day of reckoning" after years of trying to make a fast buck, but said the economic turmoil and ruination offer the chance to right the feckless ways of the past and reinvest in institutions and technologies that will ensure a prosperous future.


Is that what you heard Mr. Allison?

Because that's not what I heard. One of us needs to get their ears checked.

Probably me; I've spent twenty-three years on very loud construction sites - so I don't hear as well as I used to.

Over that time, I worked my way up from six dollar an hour grunt to white (ish) collar licenced professional. I make a buck, but you tell your messiah it isn't a fast or easy one.

I pay my mortgage on time, own two paid for ten year old cars, live within my means, and until things got really slow, put ten percent of my paycheck into a 401K and watched another thirty percent disappear down the bottomless gullet of the government. I had to cut back on the ten, but somehow the thirty keeps getting taken. I guess that's how a Chicago community organizer with a government job and a platinum parachute pension defines feckless.

So, you're all orgasmic that the president is going bring back hard work. My friend, it never left - it's just that you and your tin god wouldn't know it if you saw it.

We heard different things all right. You heard the siren song of hopeychange, I heard a whiny, narcissistic, man-bitch informing me I am nothing but a pocket to be picked so he'll have money enough to buy the vote of every bloated, tax-leeching four flusher in the nation, and I damn well better keep working because they don't come cheap.

You say road to recovery; I say road to serfdom - time will tell.

3 comments:

Laura said...

there are two photoshops i saw recently that really hit home. i think you may enjoy them (i'll link, rather than post them as images, as they're large):
http://i43.tinypic.com/maeyau.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/1zb9ptv.jpg

jana said...

A day of reckoning to punish the fast buck?

That's pretty damn rich, coming from a guy who's wife got a make-work job at a hospital simply because he was in the Illinois senate. Then, after he threw some cash at said hospital, she was given a 200% raise to $300 grand per year.

Now, that's what I call a fast buck.

Earl said...

What income do you tax when your workers and business owners close up shop and move to warmer climes? Just asking, seems someone's dreams are just a nightmare for others.