Friday, February 13, 2009

Well, they did it.

Friday the thirteenth - appropriate. Mark the tombstone that this was the day the United States officially fell from being a republic, into a feudal oligarchy. This was the day the final frayed chords snapped, and the dream of limited government - long fading - was finally extinguished.

Deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed?

I. Do. Not. Consent.

I do not consent to being a serf tending the land of a lord to pay off a feudal obligation I did not agree to.

I do not consent to having one third and more of the wealth I earn taken from me and distributed to those who hold me and my beliefs in contempt.

I do not consent to live under a system where wealth and power are distributed based on proximity to, and support of, the ruling party.

I do not consent to being told what liberties I may or may not have because a glib and empty man convinced 51 percent of the populace to deliver my birthright and freedom to him in return for his glib and empty promise of security.

And I do not consent to having the fruit of my labor stripped from me and distributed to the ignorant and lazy so they may escape the consequences of their own bad choices.

I do not expect liberty has gone forever, and I hope that when next a free people charter themselves a government, they look back on this day and learn from our mistakes.

10 comments:

jana said...

Sing it.

The funny thing is, I just posted an article with almost the exact same content.

2-13-09. The day America stopped being America.

DJMooreTX said...

I voted in the last election. True, I only voted for Palin and her running mate, but I voted.

And by voting, by participating, I consented to abide by the results.

I am so deeply, deeply ashamed.

For the first time, I understand why some folks object to the conventional wisdom that only those who vote have a right to complain.

Won't get fooled again, assuming I'm ever again given the chance.

Anonymous said...

I love that the republicans are so quick to resort to treason when things don't go their way.

Anonymous said...

Did you miss the Military Comissions Act,Patriot acts one and two and the FISA Fiasco? All supported by the infamously liberal Princess DIFI...BOHICA.

Anonymous said...

Obama is the new FDR.
FDR was a fascist. Mussolini said so.
Ergo, Obama is a fascist.
And yes, so was Bush...in the same way that Hoover was doing what FDR eventually did.

On a serious note, we need to be discussing how to create and trade real wealth without any of it becoming Federal Reserve Notes along the way, because FRNs are the mechanism of our slavery.

Anonymous said...

Give me a break. No matter what your political persuasion is, I find it a stretch that a spending bill means the end of our country. The previous administration already spent more than this on the bank bailouts, not to mention the Iraq war. I agree this spending won't solve our problems, but I have to laugh at the drama queens on the right. We'll see I guess.

Anonymous said...

Funny. That's exactly how I felt eight years ago.

Mike said...

Hello Anonymous, I just wanted to let you know we have moved the discussion up a couple of posts, and cordially request the pleasure of your company. Also I'll offer a response to you your last comments when I have a little time to post.

Thanks for helping drive the discussion - stop by any time.

Anonymous said...

Anon 7:51 AM -- if you can own the comment on MY blog, you ought to own it here. Just sayin'.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...

I love that the republicans are so quick to resort to treason when things don't go their way.


Swap the word "Jews" for "republicans" and doggone if that doesn't sound like a quote from old Adolf, who right now in Hell is probably saying to Stalin, "pay up, he won!"